We went on The White House fall garden tour. There were pictures of Presidents and their wives planting various trees on the grounds. As we approached the White House, Alexis wanted to know where the fence was. On our first trip to DC, when she was 4 years old, we took pictures of the White House from outside the fence. Quite a different view. The flag was up on top of The White House, along with the Snipers, meaning the President was there. Pretty cool, huh? We were able to tour the Rose Garden and the Children's Garden. The Marine band was also playing songs show tune songs, i.e. The Sound of Music, Indiana Jones, Superman, Incredibles, etc. Alexis even got to take home a flower seed she planted. I really hope I don't kill this flower. My past experience with growing herbs in the house has not been so great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That looks like a neat tour - I didn't know they had different seasonal tours.
Post a Comment