Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homestead Farm











We ventured out in the search of the perfect pumpkin. Of course, Alexis wanted the biggest pumpkin she could find. The only problem was, she had to be able to carry her own pumpkin. You'll notice the pumpkin next to Natalie, (top picture) was the biggest she could carry, 20 lbs. They offer a price discount for pumpkins weighing over 50 lbs, maybe next year. We went on wagon rides, drank hot cider, and I ate the best caramel apple ever!!! Kimberly made lamb stew for dinner and best of all, her famous harvest pie, which she makes every year after a trip to the farm, YUMMY!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

That looks like so much fun!! We skipped out on the pumpkin patch this year and bought pumpkins from some friends of ours. I think we'll venture back out next year - much more exciting! I can see why Alexis wanted that huge pumpkin! I'd want it too! You must be in heaven with all of Kim's cooking! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!