Sunday, July 26, 2009

Post-Surgery

Alexis had to have her appendix taken out on Friday, June 26. She was having really bad stomach pains in the morning and I told her, it was just because of all the junk-food she had the day before. Well, her pains didn't go away, although she never had a fever, but the pain was getting worse. So after a trip to the doctor, they sent us to the emergency room to have a catscan done. Our home teacher came to the hospital and gave her a blessing, within minutes after he did this her pain started to diminish. Then her pain went away completely. I love the power of the priesthood and so grateful our home teacher was able to do this for her.

Well, I asked the nurse if we could just leave, since it wasn't bothering her anymore, but the catscan showed they were inflamed and they wanted to take them out ASAP. I thought we were going to be going home. The surgery went well, the doctor even said she would be okay to go to the beach next week, we had a vacation planned. She recovered very quickly, everyday after her surgery she did better and better. A friend of mine brought over a treat for Alexis with a disclaimer that she wasn't responsible for any cavities she would get. So, so thoughtful, Alexis was in heaven, everything she loves.

Thanks to everyone for your concern with Alexis. I'm so glad she's feeling better.

No comments: