Sunday, March 8, 2009

Valentine's Day

We started out the day with heart shaped pancakes and pink eggs, thanks to Alexis, it was yummy. We also made big sugar cookies for our treat, so good. Friday I went to a deposition for a divorce case and they wanted the transcript by Monday, which also happened to be Presidents' Day. Are you kidding me? The deposition was of two toxicologists, so not your typical divorce case. They were trying to prove or disprove whether traces of cocaine, sprinkled in milk, would show up in a drug test. Are you serious? So I learned everything and them some about cocaine, it's composition, etc.
So I spent the entire weekend working on that transcript. Up until midnight Friday and Saturday, all day Saturday and yeah for Sunday, break.
I still had not completed the transcript, so I woke up at 12:30 am Monday morning to finish it. Completely insane, but I wanted to keep the Sabbath Day holy. I finally finished it by 9:00 a.m. and took a little nap. What a weekend. Since it was a holiday Saturday, I did take a small break. We went to Confessions of a Shopaholic. I was the best break ever. For a few hours I was able to completely lose myself in this movie. It was definitely the most eventful Valentine's Day I've ever had.

No comments: