Monday, September 13, 2010

Oil Paintings

Thanks to Sylvia Ammodt, Young Women's President extraordinaire, for driving my oil paintings over 2,000 miles from Utah to Virginia. Now, it truly feels like home. I've missed these paintings. They're so beautiful. Check Spelling After my mother retired, she decided to take some oil-painting classes. Our entire family has benefited from her amazing talents. The top painting was a graduation gift. She painted one for my sister Cindy and I really liked hers, a lot. I had know idea she was doing this for me. She spent several hours painting this at her art classes. Best gift ever!
This one is a re-creation of a Thomas Kinkade. I think it's beautiful. I love the misty background and the beautiful colors of the tree leaves and flowers. It's very calming and relaxing to look at.
Even the grandchildren received oil paintings one year for Christmas. Alexis loves her purple fairy and it looks great in her bedroom.

1 comment:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

These are amazing! You're mom is so talented!!