Sunday, May 23, 2010

At the park with Kumi

This is Kumi, isn't she adorable? We took her to the park and had a blast. So much fun.
Alexis is an amazing helper.
The YW in our ward had a spaghetti dinner and dessert auction to raise money for camp. Alexis made the most delicious rocky road brownies and Kimberly made a coconut layer cake, YUMMY!!!

Friday the 21st I was in court forever on a malicious prosecution trial involving a stalking case!!! 8:48 a.m. to 12:17 a.m, my first jury trial. The trial lasted for 10 hours and then the jury deliberated for another 5 1/2 hours, WHEW, what an amazingly long day. This has been my record for being in court and one I don't ever want to break. Apparently, another court reporter holds the record, finishing at 3 a.m. I was having a hard time staying awake. Thankfully the judge was extremely kind and made sure I had enough breaks. To top it all off the jury were dead-locked, which means the case will have to be tried all over again.
I came home to the most delicious rocky road brownies that Alexis had made. Food never tasted so good, plus I was so happy to be out of the courtroom.

No comments: