So on Tuesday, Dec 2nd, I went on my first deposition all by myself. I was responsible for the transcript and I even had to swear the witness in. I was really nervous about swearing in the witness, so I practiced a few times on Alexis, what a sport. I ended up reading it from my computer. When I asked the witness to raise his right hand I could tell how nevous he was, which made me not nervous anymore.
It was a workers' compensation case and one of the attornys was asking questions by telephone. Which made me a little concerned, but ended up being a good thing. They both spoke very clear. In the end all three attorneys ordered the transcript, 93 pages. Merry Christmas to me I'm paid by the page and the more copies ordered, the more money I make. Whew, I did it. I hope I won't be as nervous on my next one. I'm going out on my second deposition Monday. I hope it goes as well as the first one did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!! I bet it was exciting to finally get to that point in your career!! Pretty soon it will be no big deal - you'll be swearing people in without any nerves at all!
Post a Comment