Kimberly took us on a VIP tour of the Pentagon. We walked right by Secretary Gates' office. Alexis' job was to direct us out of the Pentagon. It's looks like a maze on the inside, with all the coridors and different rings. It's giagantic, it's a good thing we had Kimberly with us.
Here are some interesting facts about the Pentagon:
Total length of corridors: 17.5 miles (28 km)
Stairways: 131
Escalators: 50
Elevators: 27
Windows: 8,999
Rest rooms: 500
Fixtures: 4,900
Drinking fountains: 691
Clocks installed: 4,200
Light fixtures: 16,250
Daily lamp replacements: 250
Total glass area: 309,276 sq ft (28,733 m2)
Telephone cable: 100,000 miles (160,000 km)
Telephone calls made daily: 200,000
Pieces of mail handled monthly by the Defense Post Office: 5,000,000
3 comments:
I bet you didn't get as many stares as you did when you were with us - babies in strollers are a little bit more distracting. (I was secretly freaking out the whole time and praying that they didn't make a scene!)
Korena,
Lacy told me about your blogspot and I'm so glad that I'll be able to keep up to date on how you and Alexis are doing out there. It sounds like you are having a great time so far!
Post a Comment